Getting Started with Essential Oils
The older I get, the more of an effort I make to create a balanced life of health and wellness. I grew up in a home that valued healthy living, so I had a head start I suppose, but taking the steps to learn more on my own over the last few years has been empowering. I first started with food, as that comes easily to me, but now know there’s much more to wellness than just eating well. My parents are into holistic healing and medicine, so I’ve known about oils for years, but it wasn’t until just a few years back that I began learning more about the medicinal benefits they can have too.
I’ve found so many uses for oils in my life, and find they come in handy more than I ever thought possible. Oils aren’t for everything (serious ailments require medical professionals of course), but I’m absolutely fascinated by the various ways I can use oils in my day-to-day life. So, I’m sharing my love of oils so others can benefit too. ♥
I no longer use Tylenol for my headaches, I use Past Tense instead (the headache blend). For cramps and hormonal symptons, I use Clary Calm. For a restful sleep, I dot lavender around my pillow or diffuse it next to my bed. For sore muscles and pains, I use Deep Blue rub- the stuff works miracles. For mental clarity, I love Balance and lemon. For a mood lift, I swear by Serenity- I know it sounds crazy, but it literally makes my heart smile. Elevation is similar- it gives a quick perk to my mood when the day’s feeling drab. Have ants? Peppermint oil makes then all disappear. Have something sticky you just can’t get off? Lemon oil is nature’s Goo-Gone, its true! I could go on forever.
While there are many options out there when it comes to oils, I’ve found that doTerra oils work wonders for me. They’re therapeutic grade oils, which means they are pure, clean, 100% plant-based oils. ♥
When it comes to plant extracts, you get what you pay for- some company’s oils contain toxins and fillers, these do not. Here are six reason why doTerra works for me:
1. Purity. I can trust the potency of the oils and know that they don’t contain toxins or fillers. I cannot say this about any old essential oil brand out there on the market. I like to know what I’m getting.
2. Ability to Earn Free Oils. doTerra has an optional monthly program that allows you to easily earn free oils. With each purchase, you accumulate points that result in free oils and goods. You can also enroll with a wholesale account and get 25% off of all your doTerra purchases.
3. The ability to share the products with family and friends. Many people love doTerra oils and have found great success using them to achieve better health for their families. After hearing about your successes with oils, your friends and family members may want to see if these oils can work for them too… then their friends will, and so on. It’s contagious.
4. The Extras. Since starting with their oils, I’ve found that doTerra has a ton of products to support healthy living. There’s everything from natural laundry detergents to vitamins. It’s been incredibly inspiring to help “clean up” my life!
How to Get Your Oils and Get Started
1. Go to my DOTERRA PAGE.
2. Click “Join” in the upper right hand corner.
3. Select whether you want a Wholesale or Preferred Member membership (If you’re going to be getting more than two oils or products in the next year, wholesale is totally worth it- you pay $35 to sign up, but then you get 25% off of everything you get for the year! I always think of it like Costco- pay a membership fee, then get awesome deals. This is also the option that allows you to get free product and make money if you ever become interested down the road too.) A Preferred membership is $10, and you get 20% off.
4- Fill out your personal info.
5- Pick your oils or package. If you have any questions about this stuff at all, please feel free to write me a message any time… that’s what I’m here for. 🙂
Deciding how to start can be hard… I was so torn when I first signed up. I ultimately decided to go with a kit. It was more than I’d planned on spending, but I’m personally really happy I did it that way. I got a lot to play with right from the get-go.
If you selected a Wholesale membership, it will prompt you to choose an enrollment kit. (The Introductory kit is the membership fee and package.) If you get a starter kit, the Introductory kit is included. Otherwise, select the Introductory kit and then choose your oils.
If you selected a Preferred Member account, you’ll just select the oils you want (no kits).
6- Enter your payment information (which you can save so you don’t have to add it next time) and preferred shipping method. That’s it, done!! You’ll get your oils delivered to you door in a matter of days! 🙂
Want to join my Essential Oils Facebook group?! It’s easy… just click HERE!! It’s a private space for people to share their stories, learn from each other, and talk oil-news! 🙂