It can sometimes feel overwhelming when trying to make the switch to cleaner living. Here are a few simple tips to help you live a lower-tox life that won’t break the bank!
– Take your shoes off at home: those little soles track in not only dirt, but all those environmental toxins we encounter each day from pesticides to motor oil, heavy metals + more. (Especially important for those little kiddos crawling around on the floor!)
– Put your phone on airplane mode at night: 8ish hours of that thing off is 1/3 of your life with less EMFs! It simply can’t hurt.
– Switch from plastic to glass food containers: better for you AND our earth.
– Ditch that nonstick cookware: cast iron + stainless steel are my personal faves.
– Switch to an aluminum-free deo: if you’ve tried a “natural” deo and didn’t like it, keep trying- there are some great ones out there. Psst: a little charcoal in those pits may help too!
– Choose safe sunscreens: mineral/physical sunscreens, which sit on the surface of your skin (often made with zinc), are safer than chemical sunscreens, which penetrate the skin. look for benzene-free + reef-safe.
– Opt organic, when possible: use EWG’s (Environmental Working Group) Dirty Dozen + Clean Fifteen lists to help you!
– Avoid the word fragrance: all those “parfums” “perfumes” and “fragrances” that sneak into our personal care products, scented candles, air fresheners, laundry detergents, etc. are chock-full of phthalates and other endocrine-disrupting chemicals. your nose may like them, but your body does not.
If you’d like help with any of these, I’m here for you! ♡